Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Volley update

Since I've last blogged, so much has happened with volleyball. Our team, VFM, has been playing quite well in our matches. After completing the first round of our matches in the league, we sport a record of 6-3. We are tied for 3rd place in matches won, but we are technically in 5th place due to individual games won/lost. So, we are hoping to keep up the same high level of play and move up in the rankings during the second round of league play. We also have to hope some upsets take place which would help us move ahead in the standings. Since I last blogged, we have gone 5-1. We lost a very close 5 game match to a good team from Bern, called Koniz. The 5th game score was 15-13. Another big match was our win against Neuchatel, which also went 5 games and we won 15-10. Neuchatel and Koniz are both tied with VFM for 3rd place, but they are ahead of us in games won/lost. We also had wins over Geneva, Cheseaux, Dudingen, and Bienne. We are all very excited about our performance so far this season and I think we are looking forward to playing these teams again. I almost forgot...I got a new uniform! My uniform is actually a very light shade of pink. Everyone comes up to me and asks me if I washed my white jersey with red stuff haha. Regardless, its a nice change from the lime green or red haha!

After our win against Neuchatel

After the win against Neuchatel holding our region's flag

No comments:

Post a Comment